Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Have I mentioned that I got a breadmaker? I haven't bought a loaf of bread in at least a month. Twice or so a week, I make a loaf of something, and have only had two miserable failures. Not bad. So I'm starting to get bold. I'm trying to figure out the texture thing now, getting that soft perfect for sandwiches storebought inside. I got close a few times and thought that was it. I'm also getting adventurous, by looking in the little window and adding oatmeal or water or honey or whatever, and keeping the texture the same as it usually is. It's very precise. So yesterday, I threw a bunch of things in there, and the texture was funny, so I threw some other things in there, and I was worried, frankly.

3 hours later, the best loaf of bread yet. All store bought texturey inside, the likes of which I hadn't had even *with* the online recipes claiming such. Which is good and bad, because it was obviously good, but unreproducable. I think I sort of know how I did it. Maybe.

No comments: