Monday, December 17, 2007

This year I had to totally let go of the christmas tree thing. I wanted one sooner, I wanted to cut it myself, help choose it, all that. Weather put a damper on it and last night, my husband and son chose one without me. I drew a picture for G of 
the tree I wanted, and he painstakingly referred to it as they 
selected. He shot down a few of daddy's suggestions for this one. So it lilts to one side and is a little slim through the middle. 
So it has small white lights (half of which no longer light) and huge colored 
ones. So we had to cut a foot off the top *and* bottom. It's perfect.

It did take a while to get here though. Half the lights didn't light, I couldn't find a replacement bulb, ended up buying another string of lights, half of which of *those* didn't work, the large bulbs are so heavy they kept smashing on the floor, the ornaments smashing on the floor, I used the dustpan about 9234570 times, and the home depot tree isn't all that fresh and is leaving balsam deposits all over. But I still wouldn't trade it for anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the image of G comparing every Home Depot tree to your drawing and T chuckling in the background. Makes me smile!