Tuesday, March 31, 2009
So I (in a definitely self-conscious and definitely deliberately inflammatory way) said "I am not interested in cosmetic surgery for my newborn" and got all "why be judgemental!!" (again, sic, these people need spelling lessonz). But "uncirced is eww" is not judgmental?
So I need a breather and to talk to people who have left the midwest, ever. Oh that was so totally judgmental. Oh well.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Friday, March 20, 2009
Things otherwise are fine. We got to hear the heartbeat with the regular doppler which was fun. The boy liked that muchly.
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Today I feel exactly like I'm hung over. I'm guessing it's a migraine? I think I'm going to climb into bed.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Anyway, so driving up to this other house, which is a really cute house in the one photo, and the price is really, really right, and the last/only store, 6.1 miles away, is super walmart. So as we're driving there, I'm praying there's somewhere else to shop. Or even somewhere a bit further than walmart. But no.
The end result is, the town it's in is cute. The property is that price for a reason. A "no thank you" reason.
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Also, at the other end of the island, TPW was making dinner, which was chicken and lots and lots of shredded cheese. It's all good.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
10. Tulip bulbs planted in our yard last fall. Soon we shall know our success rate.
9. Weeks until I'm halfway through this pregnancy. And will know gender!
8. How many times Mary Poppins has been watched this week. We have to return it soon. And buy our own copy.
7. Number of months until I meet number 3!
6. Approximate number of hours I slept last night.
5. Junk food items bought at ill-timed midday lunch trip.
4. Number of females in the summer house situation, as opposed to my son's 1 male.
3. Pots of tomato seeds on the windowsill. They actually have half grape tomatoes in them. I'm not sure how that will work out.
2. Time at which little girl came into bed last night. Yawn.
1. Still, the number of operational side view mirrors on my car. Not.happy.
A little freaked out today because a vbac board I lurk on, a lady went in to the hospital with some strange pains, as well as contractions, and came home having to plan a funeral for her baby. When she said "bad outcome", I was expecting a c-section after all her planning. I don't even know this lady, not even know in an internet way, but it's rocking my world.
Sunday, March 08, 2009
Thursday, March 05, 2009
I wait for 2 hours. And then another half an hour for good measure. And then! Steve from service comes in! And they have the wrong part! But I can order the right one, for $530, and then pay $145 to install it. And for your time and effort and *our* screwup, you get to wait in our room with chatty old ladies and crappy coffee for 2.5 hours. You're welcome!
I came home and did what I should have last week - called the VW mechanic we know. Sigh.
Wednesday, March 04, 2009
Tuesday, March 03, 2009
Originally uploaded by archimom
We got to see the bub today! Fast heartrate of 170ish. Both of my kids were under 150 at this point, so I don't buy any of the wives tales. There was a little confusion about when I should pee and where, so I peed at the wrong time in the wrong place, having waited uncomfortably for no reason to. Oh well. Such is life at the ob office.
Monday, March 02, 2009
Did I mention that at 8 pm last night they called and cancelled? And now we have about 9" of snow and it's not stopping any time soon? Ugh.