Sunday, March 09, 2008

We are *this* close to getting a new dog. Our first choice dogs are about 40 minutes away, and there are six applications in for four pups. However, the rescue gal practically told 
me that we're prime candidates. My only concern is that they're going to call the vet, and the cat is like 3 months behind on his checkup. Eek. 3 months ago, I had an appointment and he took off so I had to reschedule. I was all ready and he knew what the house coming out meant. I promptly forgot that he was overdue, and now I worry.

The other dog, who is a bit older, is in GA but could be here this weekend. This is a boy dog, super cute, but he's probably the second choice. I'm not sure they're going to call anyone though, they just want him to have a home. And I know that we could easily fall in love with him. My other concern with him is that we commit to him sight unseen, based on photos online and a 10 minute chat with his foster mom. The little pups, we can go visit and probably even choose which one. Not to mention, the little pups look a lot like our Viv.

So now I'm pricing out monogrammed pink leather collars and wondering if I need to bleach the crate now or later.

No comments: