Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I did this thing, where I pretended I was going to blog again, and then I just up and walked away from it.

So I'm trying to get back to the gym and exercise. My plan is to get back into running and possibly triathlons, but I haven't started running even a tiny bit yet. Last week I ran into a mom from G's old school, and she's lost a good deal of weight and looks great and she ran on the treadmill next to me for a long while. It's funny how I can be totally thrilled for her and her fabulous self and not jealous, when this other lady who *lives* at the gym and is so tiny and petite and muscular, she's more the type you love to hate.

I'm slowly getting to know people and even, dare I say, make friends here in the new town. In fact, one other mom who lives relatively close for our rural town, mentioned another local triathlon to me, in that "we should do that!" kind of way. So really I should get on it.

My current health strategy involves exercise and eating right. No plan, no counting points/calories/carbs, but eating good food that's close to the source. To that end, we have a guy (we call him the Egg Man and sing the song to the tune of the Tax Man), who delivers us two dozen eggs every Friday afternoon (turns out we only eat about 1 1/2 dozen a week so we have to work on that). I also signed up for the CSA again (which reminds me, I need to send a check), and have found local sources for most meat and dairy.

I feel like I need to get more serious about the snacking, for me. It's too easy to drench graham crackers in nutella after the kids are in bed. However, I think I'm getting better about having snack food in the house, as my big boy is always apologizing to the neighbor best friend about our snack selection. Sorry, we have fruit and water. Enjoy! ;o)

No comments: