Sunday, September 10, 2006

We have bad "hire somebody to color your house" luck. About 6 months ago, we hired a guy to paint the bathroom. We weren't really thinking we wanted the bathroom painted, but it was a favor for a friend. So we said "same blue as the upstairs closet". Somehow that translated into "old can of neon blue paint and don't confirm that's the right color before applying several retina-burning coats to tiny bathroom". It was fun using my babysitting time to repaint it. I do love the new mushroom brown color though.

So anyway. We again hired someone sort of as a favor, to redo the kitchen floor. I loved it as is, but with two dogs and two kids and life, it was a bit scratched. We had stained it. They sanded it to pretty much bare wood and then finished it. It's much too blonde for me. I'm sure I'll get used to it and it looks great in that real-estate way but it's not what I wanted. At all. And we even went away camping for this. At least we caught him after 3 coats and him saying "but it's not that shiny I can apply another" because we *bought* satin finish and we don't want it any shinier, thankyouverymuch.

I just want to be able to walk across my kitchen. Now.

No comments: