Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'm not sure what to do. Tonight I was out in the lake, doing a full length swim. I have no problem at all with the swim, it's definitely my strongest tri component. But about 2/3 of the way through the first, I experienced what I *think* was an asthma attack. I was sort of wheezy and felt like if I coughed it'd make it better. But when I coughed I felt like I'd swallowed water and it tightened up more. Now when I take a deep breath, I'm sore and tight. And I still feel the little rattle in there.

I'm not sure what to do. I think I'm going to try again Saturday and hope that if the weather is warmer I do better. I know I *should* see a doctor, but I am 2.5 weeks away from this g.d. triathlon which I know I can do. And I'm not afraid of swimming, and I'll just take the whole thing easy - I'm okay with finishing DFL if I finish. But the upset of this is, well, drowning.

I guess I don't know if I should call the doc tomorrow or if I should wait until after Saturday's swim. I"m supposed to wake early to run with another tri gal, and I hope that all goes well. I haven't had any similar symptoms while running so we'll see.

No comments: