Wednesday, July 15, 2009

So let me tell you a story. We have this childbirth class which started last night, from 7:30-9. Now, in our household, particularly in the summer, going to bed after 9 is not unheard of, at.all. So I'm looking for childcare for said class, and ask my mother in law. I said we could just drop them off and pick them up, etc. She says "oh no, that's after bedtime, I'll come there". Okay, so no. Firstly, I'm not putting them to bed at 7, in the summer (heck that's 20 minutes from now, and we haven't even eaten yet, but I digress), or letting you put them to bed. It's complicated for us and I just don't want to give you fodder. But that was the only option I really had, so I figured I would do lots of tiring activities and at least try to get the girl to bed that early (a long car ride oftentimes does the trick).

My sister in law, the other option, is spending her summer at her lake cottage. But I called her to find out when we could come visit and yay! She's at home, until Wednesday. And is dying to see the kids, and they her. And sure! They can hang out during that time, and heck, why don't you drop them off at 5 so that we can play outside and we'll give them hotdogs and watch Lady and the Tramp. And for once, it all worked out. Called mother in law, said thanks but no thanks, and the kids had a frickin blast. Oh and they weren't asleep at 9:45 when we picked them up, but they were vegetative in front of some movie, and fell asleep in their carseats, which I am 100% okay with.

I actually had been stressing about this and instead got to have dinner with just my husband, before rolling around on the floor doing labor techniques. Also, the class was great. Not too hippy-dippy, but lovely and supportive of natural birthing. The other couple there are both chiropractors, and she's due 3 weeks after me. And huger. Or at least I thought so, but when I mentioned how huge she was to my husband, he went "oh . . . ya, I guess so". I think I'm bigger than I care to admit. The heartburn speaks otherwise. My poor GI tract. I can no longer have pizza or anything tomato saucey. Bummer. I like that chicken parm stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hil! Sounds like it all worked out in the end! Yay! So, when is your due date anyway?