Friday, February 12, 2010

Believe it or not, I'm going to give a real blog post here because I can't really torture anyone else with this stuff. You're welcome!

Our house has been on the market, on and off for the better part of 4 years. Pretty well the girly's entire life. So we take it off when the leaves fall off the trees, for a variety of reasons. About a month ago, a realtor wanted to show it (again, no leaves on trees, not at all in mode of selling). So we scrambled and house cleaned and it was good but we don't hold out hope anymore since no one has bought it yet. But they really liked it. And are coming back again Sunday.

The house is a disaster. It really is, but it's all relative. We've been really good at purging, making sure the kids clean up their rooms every (other?) day, not having crap around, so it isn't as far off as it has been. I just have to put all of the valentine craft stuff away, both the girly and I had colds so much tissue tossing, and then that extra "put the toaster in cabinet make the whole house sparkle and smell like bleach" step. I'm always glad to have it done so I'll keep thinking of how wonderful Sunday night will be.

I, however, did tell my husband that I have a theory that he and the realtor are in cahoots, and that whenever the house hits a certain untidiness level, they "schedule" a "showing". That also would explain why no one has bought it yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, Hil. I feel your pain. I've been there. And our still hasn't sold in 3 years either. Good luck though! Hopefully it will all be worth it in the end!!