Monday, May 01, 2006

Like grownups, we went to see Cake this weekend. We were all afraid we'd be the oldest by far and the soberest. Neither was true. It was super fun. They started with "the distance" and ended with "I will survive". Both got everyone in the mood for sure. I was bummed, they didn't play any of my top 3 - Opera Singer, Alpha Beta Parking Lot, or Let Me Go. However, I still had a blast. And when we went to pick up the kids at 11:30, Nino was still asleep. Little stinker. He had a mellow-sleep-filled day the next day.

He's finally getting into skating. The first session he was fearless and did great. Then he learned that he just might fall, and last time barely moved the entire time. Now he's realizing that even if he falls, no biggie, and is getting back into it. It's so funny that he's doing this skating thing, because neither of us is into it. God knows where the idea came from.

Oh ya! Want to hear about the bizarre dream I had? There was this epidemic going around and I was pregnant. So we decided that we were going to go to Maine and wait it out where we wouldn't see people and hopefully stay healthy. So I was begging my doc to give me a c-section right then so we could leave. I was full term. Well then Nino gets the disease. But the disease was zombie-ism, and transmitted through eye contact. My poor baby was sick and I couldn't look at him. Fortunately, my OB let me in that the docs (like all doctors were in cahoots) had nearly found the antidote, and Nino's case wasn't that bad.

Weiiiirdddnesssss.

No comments: