Thursday, October 26, 2006

I'm just heartbroken for two strangers.

While waiting for a car repair, I met Mary. She was saying something to me about how hard she finds it to make decisions, like about her car battery, without her husband. And not that she is a pushover, but just emotionally knowing she couldn't run it by anyone. He died a month ago from Alzheimers. And her son has kidney cancer that's running through his whole 41-year-young body.

Then in walks newlywed, new homeowner lady, who was shopping online for her new house. Her 58 year old mother was diagnosed with Alzheimers two years ago, and she already has forgotten how to eat and speak.

I actually cried driving away. And then called my mom.

1 comment:

The Maven said...

That's so sad :(

You have a good heart, Hilary. That's part of why I adore you so much. I wish more people had empathy for others.

Today I found out that a women in my due date club lost her baby due to placental abruption. I also spent the day heartbroken. Life is really cruel sometimes. I gave my boys extra hugs today.

Much love, mama *hugs*