Thursday, September 11, 2008

It's amazing to me that several of the last few years, on this date, the weather is like this. Exactly (at least here) as it was in 2001. I can feel it all over again. That beautiful, "hooray for fall", crisp sunny day. It makes me want to go out and buy mums, and I usually do. Then I drive home, past my neighbors' house, and there are mums and candles and flag balloons.

I don't know if I mentioned that I'm losing childcare within the month. It was a really, incredibly slow summer, workwise, but those two days have been helpful for just household operations. But financially, not so hot. I was keeping the sitter on because searching for new is such a nightmare. Now, with kindergarten going, it seems silly to have a sitter. Not only do I pay for her to watch just the one kid, the same money, but the days when I'm with the girl, I can get tons of things done. I feel guilty and spendy sending the kids off on these 2 days. So as of October 1, I will be a stay at home mom, who can work as projects come and have family support. It won't be a problem for husband or mimi to watch a kid if I have a meeting, and life might be a little less nutty.

1 comment:

The Maven said...

Horray for less nutty! Sorry about work being slow, but hopefully it'll be up again when the time is right :)