Tuesday, April 21, 2009

So here is where I tell you the saga of the late school bus. Last friday. So I go out to the bus, I'm 3 minutes early. It usually comes at 1:53 by my cellphone, but has been as late as 1:56. We had just bought a new sit n stand stroller so the girl was in that, testing it. Which turned out to be fortuitous.

At 2:08 I call my house, no call from school. That's 15 minutes late. Five minutes later, I call the school. No answer, and I ring through to the main office, no answer. I am freaking.out. at this point. Fortunately, the school bus stops at a house where I know the mom, and she was home. So I bang on her door, ask her to keep watch while I run home to make sure there's no caller id or message from school, or note from teacher letting me know of issue. Of course, there isn't, and as I'm walking back out the door, I see the bus and lovely Sheila greeting my kid. I also wave down the street (maybe 200 feet?) so the bus can see I'm okay with letting him off.

But how UNCOOL is them not answering, not calling, nothing, when he was 30 minutes late? I guess the bus was late getting there, there was horrid traffic somewhere, so he wasn't sitting on the bus, but was playing at school, but I was having a meltdown?!

And of course it was the day before vacation so no one's reachable now. Which might make it a little better for those who have to deal with me.

Oh also, we had plans to meet the husband in Boston, taking the train and having A Grand Adventure, with the new stroller. Which all worked out fine except for the travel to the train/parking/running up the platform with 30 minutes less than planned. I didn't get my camera, comfy shoes, or idle time before the train left the station, but it was fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I would have been freaking out too! Glad everything turned out okay.
So, how's the mommy-2-be feeling these days?