Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What do we think of this vehicle? What do we think of buying an American car for the first time ever for both myself and my husband (unless a toyota counts, which it kind of does, but a Ford?)?





Hubby's car has 100k miles on it, and mine has 55. We've had both the same amount of time, and mine started at 10k, whereas his started at 0. So we're considering having his company lease a new car and then he will drive the bigger one, and I'll drive the scion. It's in great shape and I would *love* to go to a manual transmission. And a smaller car day to day would be lovely. We're planning a pretty big road trip for this summer, and a new car sure would be fun for that. It seats 7, gets better mileage than our current van, and is 4wd. It's weird not having a vehicle that's 4wd, even though both of our fwd cars do well in the snow. The scion will be tight with 3, but I do like having the kids close - right now the girl sits in the 3rd row, just the best way it works out, and she's so darn far away. Not to mention that I only have a back door on one side and the rear windows are manual slides. It's a cool car but less and less practical.

We shall see. We've only ever looked at one from the outside, not been in one, not driven one, nothing. And I have no idea how good the lease terms are right now.

No comments: