Monday, August 15, 2005

Fun weekend. Friday we headed to Atlanta to see the baby girl who is now one. Saw the new condo, which is super nice and should serve them well. Saturday hooked up with buds at Ikea. That place is nuts. Can't wait till we get our own. I got the weirdest assortment of storage boxes, little train toys. I wanted to find a bed rail for G's big boy bed, but no go. I guess we'll keep looking. I'm also thinking of making something of cloth, so maybe we'll hit the fabric store soon.

We also went out for grown up dessert (coffee for me, decaf, thanks) with another bud which was fun. Got to feel all growed up.

The travel was actually just fine. Nino was pretty good at walking himself (a few 'hoooolldd me momma' moments) and I had a good setup with the roller bag and the carseat. Not that I wanted anyone to bend over backwards for me, but I was surprised that *no one* did anything for the pregnant lady with toddler. They have a little tram that only has 4-5 seats on it and there were 3 able-bodied adult men on it with their bags. Nothin'. I should have enlisted one of those dumb little cars to take us to our gate.

No comments: