Monday, August 08, 2005

I keep trying not to cry. Yesterday when Nino told Grandpa "our friend Vivian died" it near broke my heart.
I'm now realizing that it wasn't my fault. Heatstroke sounds bad. I just needed to give her a dunk and she'd be here, right? But really, its a super high fever that no one knows where it came from. Healthy dogs don't die of the heat on 74 degree days, right? It was the most beautiful day in weeks.
I hate that it happened so fast. I called Thursday saying she was acting funny but they weren't worried. Dogs act funny for a day or two and then are fine.
We're starting to set up the big boy room so we did some rearranging of furniture and rugs. Too much change for the little guy. "I want the living room back in here!!" (referring to the rug of course). And he keeps asking where Wivyun is. He likes the idea that she's a star. "A black and white one?" Man is he great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your Doggy. It definitely was not your fault, dogs don't die on 70 degree days unless there is something else going on.

(((((HUG)))))

Rachel still talks about her cat to this day, I think it is healthy for them to have an understanding of animals and how they can die. Sounds like G is handling it well.

Hope you are doing well.