Monday, February 13, 2006

Today I took Nino to the theater. First time ever. We saw George the Monkey, as he says. He is still talking about Africa, and the rocket ship. It was fun. Good to go to the 12:20 show, when there are only 7 other people in there, half of whom are also in the 3-5 range. He's so sensitive - he didn't like George in the dark cargo ship. But with such a small audience, his crying was fine. And I didn't mind at all when he climbed into my lap.

I love these stolen "dates" we get. I need to have him in my lap with no competition.

On the way home as they both slept, I was struck by how absolutely I love them. It hurts my heart or something when I think about it. And when he cried in the theater, I was on the verge of tears myself. It hurts me for him to hurt. I'm such a sap sometimes.

And this little girl who needs me so very much. To wiggle a laugh out of her gets me every.single.time.

Even on days like today, when I have to change her and (literally) hose her down in the kitchen sink because of the havoc amoxicillin is wreaking on her GI system.

No comments: