Thursday, May 29, 2008

I have to tell you a funny tale. Remember the Alamo (pun intended)?

Okay, so at the zoo today, for some reason, there is a model of the Alamo in with the prairie dogs. Like the cannons are the size a prairie dog would actually operate. So that's strange but stranger still that my son really really wanted to see the prairie dogs, the least exciting animal at the zoo, and now thinks they're the best, because of said cannons.

So then I'm explaining to him what the Alamo is, while not really having the clearest memory, and having just been yanked out of a hard swim workout by the daycare gal (that's a whole other story) and I remember Pee Wee. The basement of the Alamo? And my high school summer RISD roommate and I watched that movie all the time and would refer to the Alamo as our thing. And it's just funny. All of it. Also, now googling, the model wasn't really accurate at all.

There's no basement at the Alamo!

No comments: