Thursday, May 15, 2008

Last night I ran the 5k. YES I RAN THE 5K!!!!!!!

My new pal and I just loped along together, crossing the finish line at around 38 minutes, which I know will set no land-speed records, except our very own. Which right now is the most important. We beat out many walkers and a few runners, and earned our tshirts, red roses, and pizza dinner. Oh and the massage today! Woot!

Somehow me wanting pizza afterward turned into a little pizza party at our house (at like 8:30 - I can't believe the kids were so well behaved but you'll see why) and the inlaws showed up, direct from the airport/Arizona. They brought cowboy boots and hats for the 3 local grandkids, all of whom happened to be at our house. Lots of clomping, shootouts (much to SILs dismay), and rummaging for bandanas (they were found but the boy's room is still a huge mess). Worth it though.

4 comments:

Candice said...

I am so proud of you!!! Awesome job! And I hope you have some pictures of your budding cowfolk! lol

Anonymous said...

AWESOME JOB HIL!! You should be proud of yourself. One little sprint across the backyard and I'm done for...lol!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!!! Congratulations Hil!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Hilary! I ran my first 5K last summer and there's no better feeling. Congrats!