Wednesday, February 18, 2009

FYI: I am a mall hater. But, my mom bought the boy some wonderful legos for christmas, and as a bonus got a little box to fill at the lego store. So, as it is vacation week, we decided to head to the mall and lego store, fill the little box, have lunch, make an adventure of it.

It was as good and bad as I expected.

The lego store is great! You can fit TONS into that little box, and the girl wanted a little box too, so we bought a marginally larger one for $8 and she filled it with pink and lime green random parts. All cool. Got to see all the legos and it was nice. But I mentioned it's vacation week right? So there were 2309203 kids there.

Then, being 11:45, we were getting peckish. There is a rainforest cafe in this mall, and hey! we're on an adventure! We put our name in and they tell us it'll be 40 minute to sit. Not okay. So we decide to blow some time, checking out the rain and all the junk they want you to buy. Then we decide we're too hungry and head to the food court. We are all cranky. Pizza is helping, and then the girl says "momma! Look at my pink rocks!!" See, they have a big bin of polished rocks at the cafe, that you fill a bag with, and pay like $7 for. So she stole two which, while only about $.34 worth, isn't great. Meh.

Then we go to the play area, to assemble the boy's new lego helicopter, which I"d promised him we'd start on, and the girl is just the right size for the play area. Worked for about 2/3 of the time we needed to build the helicopter. I barely made it to au bon pain for some sweets and water to bribe the kids into the car, and the ride home we all whined and ate cookies. I think we all drank a gallon of water as well.

Now we're having some quality time with various screens and seats. I've earned my good mom award right? Oh, except that I just reserved the zoo pass for tomorrow. When it's supposed to be 36 and rainy. I think that will earn me the Most Excellent Mom Award.

No comments: