Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's funny how your emotions can run the full gamut in a matter of seconds. So last spring/summer/fall, we were exploring our options for kindergarten and applied for a slot at the charter school. I wasn't 100% convinced it was the right fit, but I applied anyway. We were waitlisted at somewhere in the 22 range. Now the boy is happily halfway through his public school kindergarten experience, and that's all good, and we may move anyway, so who knows, we're just enjoying life. And I get a letter return-addressed from the charter school. What do I do? I don't want to switch him midway, but then we'll lose our slot! But if that many people dropped out since September, do I want this? My stomach was in turmoil.

Then I opened the letter. It just informed me that we've moved up to #14, and that they will keep us apprised on how that translates to next fall. Phew. I don't have any decision making to do. Good thing, because I'm bad at that.

2 comments:

marthadotcom said...

Speaking as someone who switched schools in kindergarten, during the year (and third grade for that matter), it kinda sucks. Especially considering I still remember it 28 years later.

Lorraine said...

Maybe you'll be in the Top 10 by the start of a new school year!?