Friday, February 13, 2009

So I'm a bit obsessed with food lately. In order to save money (ha!), I've been trying to cook at home. And cook things that are yummy and that we all want to eat. Tomorrow, for Valentine's Day, I'll be making steaks and french onion soup and salad and my parents are coming, with some sort of dessert and it doesn't really matter since I'm not making it. I even bought the crazy expensive cheese to go with it. And I know the kids won't eat it, but I'm growing a whole other person and I can eat a couple of bowls of that stuff. But that's why I invited the folks, because even though I can eat, not quite that much.

The other day I made a turkey breast and I've been happily eating turkey sandwiches all week. Same sandwich, different day. I have no issues with leftovers after thanksgiving whatsoever.

However, coffee is on its way out. I'm trying to decide if the joy of smelling it and beginning to drink it is enough to suffer the nausea caused by actually drinking it. I think it might be. Maybe I should go back to caffeinated. At least then I'd get true joy from the two ounces I can stomach.

5 comments:

The Maven said...

Obsessing over food? Nauseated by coffee? Am I missing something here? Have we peed on a stick recently?

Hil said...

Ya, several sticks. October 5ish!?

Talk me down about 3. Or don't, and lie to me.

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats on the new bean, Hil!

Lorraine said...

Congrats again & hope the sickness doesn't arrive in earnest x