Thursday, March 05, 2009

Last week I smashed the mirror off my car. I went to the dealer. They needed to order it. So they checked all the numbers, asked me if it was motorized (yes) and ordered. They called and today! I went to have it replaced. $175 for the part, $90 for the labor, was the quoted price.

I wait for 2 hours. And then another half an hour for good measure. And then! Steve from service comes in! And they have the wrong part! But I can order the right one, for $530, and then pay $145 to install it. And for your time and effort and *our* screwup, you get to wait in our room with chatty old ladies and crappy coffee for 2.5 hours. You're welcome!

I came home and did what I should have last week - called the VW mechanic we know. Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jeesh ! i hate when that happens. that's a whole lotta money.