Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ack, it's been a long time.

The boy has been bringing home the year's worth of work these last few days. It makes me burst to see the "writing journal" from the year. Mostly they are things like "the __ lives in the __": draw a picture and write the sentence. But just to compare September to May is amazing. His spelling is great, and being able to read what he wrote, putting together sentences, and just the humor factor. Many of his fantasies involve rappelling with helicopters. He always has a very elaborate plan.

Although I think in terms of neatness, he peaked around January. He was finally good at upper vs. lower case. Now he's just so comfortable with it that it's sloppy again.

I have to figure out a schedule for the summer. We really need to be good about reading and writing every day, even if just for an hour.

We've all been passing around a summer cold here. I think we're mostly on the recovery side. I'm a little worried that the boys are later and haven't been hit as hard - I hope that doesn't mean theirs is still forthcoming.

No comments: