Monday, June 22, 2009

Let me tell you about my life lately.

Thursday night I was putting the girl to bed and my ear was a little sore. An hour later, I thought I would be better off just amputating it, myself. I didn't sleep more than 45 minutes the entire night. I called the oncall doctor at 7:30 am, and no one ever called me back. The whole thing was so weird - the office opens at 9, so that's when they get their messages. You know, I could have called at 9 to get an appointment. They couldn't see me until 11:45. The thing is, after all was said and done, it would have been worth it to go to the ER at midnight, spend the $100 and possibly get some rest like 12 hours sooner. Actually more like 18 hours sooner, because even though I got antibiotics, they don't kick in immediately, and I didn't really get any relief until 10 pm that night when my eardrum burst.

But back to earlier, at the doctor, my blood pressure was sky-high. I wonder how *your* blood pressure would be if you hadn't slept and had been in pain for 15 hours straight? But they wanted me to call the ob. So this morning I went in, and it's better, but not super. I do have this issue while pregnant, it's how I grow babies. Generally they do the watch and wait tactic until I give birth. And I pretend that I'm going to rest more and eat less salt. So they want me to do a 24 hour urine collection, and I get another ultrasound next week. But we're otherwise cool, I guess.

No comments: