Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Welcome to the world L Jack vT. Glad you didn't make your mom wait much longer.

This morning, at our hypnobirthing refresher, Mary told me my face looks like I'm close to delivering. I think that's a nice way of saying I'm puffy. I feel it, especially after taking some photos yesterday. Blergh. But it was nice to see her, chat, relax, and generally feel more prepared for the next step.

During relaxation, I had some contractions, verging on painful. I hope that all this hooey of pre-labor means a shorter main event. I dont' feel 100% ready yet, but close. And I don't have any of the same signs I had before Nino, other than the fact that all my nails broke. Weird omen that I haven't seen in any books, but a few days before his birth, all my nails broke off.

Wallace and Gromit was okay this weekend. I wanted the cleverness of the earlier stuff. Ah well. It was more mass-audience focused, which is fine. And I got some good sewing done. Two new pouches. Maybe for me?

No comments: