Tuesday, November 30, 2004

This Friday we're going to one of hubby's clients' holiday parties. It sucks. 6:30-10:30 pm, on a godforsaken *boat*. So you have to stay the whole FOUR hours. And it's freakin December, so we'll all be huddled inside with our hot toddies, so we won't get to enjoy the boat part. It'll be like being at the Marriot ballroom, but that we can't leave early. Now we have to find childcare from 5-11. And try to get into Boston for 6:30. It all sucks. I think I'm going to schedule things such that we're "accidentally late" and miss the boat. I will know exactly 3 people there, one of whom I share my bed with. I just hope they have good wine.

I'm also trying to sort out Nino's birthday. I wanted it to be low-key, just family, but I wanted to have it at home so that his sitter could come. SIL wanted to do it, but she's an hour away, so sitter wouldn't come. And my family wouldn't feel as welcome. And then it's notsomuch my thing. Not that it's a big deal but I wanted it to be simple. Ugh.

No comments: